1. Do they respond to emergencies in 1 hour or less?
2. Is their phone answered by a real human being rather than by a machine?
3. Do they offer a direct phone number to connect you to a senior technician?
4. Do they have other competent technicians on staff who can effectively work on your network, in case your regular technician goes on holidays or gets sick?
5. Do they offer a monitoring system to watch over your network 24/7, so developing issues are detected before they become a real problem?
6. Do they offer any guarantees on their services?
7. Are they adamant not just about backing up some data, but having a Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Plan in place?
8. Do they offer an on-going, fixed fee support and maintenance program?
9. Do they have their procedures ’Step-by-Step’ documented so there is uniformity across their network installations and any competent technician can immediately be productive?
10. Do they have relief equipment on the floor, including a fully fledged server, just in case?
11. Do they offer to meet with you regularly to review your business plans, your network status, and their own performance?
12. Are they covered by Professional Indemnity and proper Public Liability Insurance?